Currently In The Gallery
December Members Only Photo Contest
- Poster Print that will hang in our gallery and go to you at the end of the year.
- Ribbons for First Place and honorable Mention
- Display on our Website
- Instructions on how to enter are sent to new members
- Join now to enter this and all of our monthly contests
Gordon Parks Celebration, February, 2023
The Valley Photo Center will celebrate Black History Month in February, 2023 with a special program of events about Gordon Parks. Mr. Parks was one of the greatest photographers of the twentieth century, a true modern renaissance man who not only practiced still photography, but was was also a musician, composer, writer, and filmmaker.
We'll celebrate his life with a variety of events including:
- Gallery Exhibit - Reproductions of some of his photographs
- Photo Contest - This is a juried Gordon Parks inspired contest. Photos will be exhibited in Gallery.
- Special guest speaker by Kirk Sharp the director of the Gordon Parks Museum in Fort Scott, Kansas on Sunday, February 19., 2023
- Screening of his Movies including the Learning Tree and Shaft
- The event is Free and Open to the public, but please pre register so we can plan for refreshments and seating for the lecture.
Volunteer Docents Wanted
The Valley Photo Center needs volunteer docents to open and close the gallery Monday through Friday from 11 AM until 2 PM. Volunteers can enter photographs in our open submission shows for free and get free parking in the Tower Square garage. If you can work as little as a couple hours a day a few days a month please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the Valley Photo Center
We are a Non Profit Corporation - All Donations are Taxt Exemptible. Please donate to help us provide free exhibits and programs. Our Board and staff are all volunteers and 100% of donations go to support the Valley Photo Center. Just click on the contribute button below to donate .
The Gallery Today
The Valley Photo Center located on the 2nd floor (Upper Level) of Tower Square, 1500 Main St., in Springfield.
Our new viewing policy during Covid and its aftermath - we've rearranged the gallery so that you can see the most of an exhibit through the large glass windows at any time. We'll post in-person visiting open hours in our calendar and on our Facebook page. You can visit the virtual gallery any time.