November, 2022 Gallery Show
November Photo Contest
The deadline to enter is November 30, 2022. This is a members only on line monthly contest. Entering is FREE for members. The theme for this month is Thanksgiving photos. Thanksgiving is a time when we can reflect on what we are thankful for. It can be a photo of someone or something you are thankful for. Give it a thought and see what you can come up with.Prizes include
- A 16x20 Print that will hang in our gallery and go to you at the end of the year.
- Ribbons for First Place and honorable Mention
- Display on our Website
- Instructions on how to enter are sent to new members
- Join now to enter this and all of our monthly contests
Gordon Parks Celebration, February, 2023
The Valley Photo Center will celebrate Black History Month in February, 2023 with a special program of events about Gordon Parks. Mr. Parks was one of the greatest photographers of the twentieth century, but he was also a true modern renaissance man that not only practiced still photography he was also a musician, composer, writer, and filmmaker!
We'll celebrate his life with a variety of events including:
- Gallery Exhibit - Reproductions of some of his photographs
- Photo Contest - Photos will be exhibited in Gallery
- Special guest speaker by Kirk Sharp the director of the Gordon Parks Museum in Fort Scott, Kansas on Sunday, February 19., 2023
- Screening of his Movies including the Learning Tree and Shaft
Open and Student Open Fall Exhibition
Volunteer Docents Wanted
The Valley Photo Center needs volunteer docents to open and close the gallery Monday through Friday from 11 AM until 2 PM. Volunteers can enter photographs in our open submission shows for free and get free parking in the Tower Square garage. If you can work as little as a couple hours a day a few days a month please email email@example.com.
Support the Valley Photo Center
We are a Non Profit Corporation - All Donations are Taxt Exemptible. Please donate to help us provide free exhibits and programs. Our Board and staff are all volunteers and 100% of donations go to support the Valley Photo Center. Just click on the contribute button below to donate .
The Gallery Today
Our new viewing policy during Covid and its aftermath - we've rearranged the gallery so that you can see the most of an exhibit through the large glass windows at any time. We'll post in-person visiting open hours in our calendar and on our Facebook page. You can visit the virtual gallery any time.